60% of data center application failures are the result of faulty deployment and uncoordinated changes.
75% of IT Ops teams' time is spent on managing application release.
IT Operation teams are increasingly responsible for managing continuous application integration and data center application release and maintenance tasks, introducing formidable challenges.
Consider the following scenarios:
When your release processes are manual or script driven
You've received a new set of application packages from your development team. Now what?
You need to deploy those packages and perform requisite service operations to turn them into running services:
- Assemble members of Development, QA and Production for application handover.
- Push code, data and content across all of the relevant locations.
- Perform multi-step, sequenced unpacking/installations across application tiers.
- Edit configuration files for each environment.
Once you have completed deployment you face additional complex tasks...
- Coordinate restarts across application tiers in the correct order.
- Make additional configuration changes and updates across distributed, live data center environments.
- Check the status of the integrated applications and validate configurations.
It's difficult enough to sequence application release activities for a single
application, in a simple data center environment. Multiply this by the volume of
changes and frequency, applications tiers and environments along with distributed,
heterogeneous infrastructure (including physical, virtual and cloud servers) and
you get a problem that quickly becomes complex, error prone and unmanageable. Nolio
Application Release Operations Suite simplifies release tasks and mitigates the
risk of faulty application change and deployment errors - turning complex, manual
operations into reliable, repeatable and error-free processes.
Go to Nolio Features »
Scenario 2: When your development, QA and production environments are different
- You need to test and "push" application deployments across different environments.
- Executing change across each environment independently is time consuming, requiring that you start from scratch with every update.
- Growing volumes of changes are introducing operational bottlenecks and costly release delays.
- Tracking application changes and managing application drift across distributed data centers is cumbersome.
Nolio Application Release Operations Suite models multi-tier application tasks, based on the application service logic, letting you flexibly map and execute application service processes across any data center environment - including development, QA or production, and any mix of physical, virtual and cloud servers - all at once.
Centralized dashboards and reports provide the visibility to measure and improve releases across heterogeneous environments.
Watch Nolio Automation Center Videos »
Scenario 3: When your operation teams are bogged down by repetitive release tasks
- You cannot complete your weekly application updates within your scheduled maintenance window, or reduce your forced downtime.
- You cannot retain knowledge within IT operations, or build repeatable processes, for both routine and emergency operations, including roll-back and recovery.
- You cannot economically scale operation team workloads to grow your applications, or data centers.
- You must keep high level operation team members on call, increasing labor costs.
Nolio Application Release Operations Suite dramatically reduces the time and cost of deploying and maintaining applications. This translates into accelerated time-to-release, immediate productivity gains and the ability to scale operational tasks without increasing workloads for operational agility. In addition, Nolio frees operation teams to work on higher level tasks.
Download Nolio ROI »
Scenario 4: You cannot centrally manage application service execution, roll-back or audit application release operations
- In the event of error, you cannot readily remediate and roll-back applications, for recovery and service continuity.
- You have no visibility into application service operations including who-what-where changes have been executed.
- You cannot easily report and audit application change to meet industry and regulatory compliance.
- You need to coordinate activity and manage operation service tasks across teams, environments and distributed data center locations.
Nolio Application Release Operations Suite centrally orchestrates the execution of
application workflows and changes across your data center, providing real-time
control over active processes enforcing actionable best practices for release
across all application stakeholders in the organization. Nolio dashboard and
reports provide the tools to view, understand and improve application release
enabling manageability of application production.
Read Nolio Customer Stories »