Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Macintosh® based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
Required: iPhone®/iPad®/Android™ smartphone or tablet
Thursday, Oct 11at 9am PDT / 12pm EDT
A Rogue Application Release Can Cost $440 Million – Case Study from Wall Street
Led by Financial Services Technical Expert Fred Voccola, this webinar will explore the potentially astronomical costs of failing to adopt application release automation in today’s complex trading environments. Mr. Voccola will tackle key issues in the field through the catastrophic example of Knight Capital, which lost $440 million in just 45 minutes after releasing new trading software.
Using Knight Capital as a case study, Fred Voccola will explore:
- The changing face of the market and its ever-increasing reliance on technology
- The importance of rigorous testing
- The real cost of inadequate tracking and reporting functionality
- Whether any level of testing can really guarantee flawless operations
- Why the 'Flash Crash' of 2:45 means companies are paying the price for their mistakes
- New regulations and a stricter future
The session will end with an informal Question and Answer session – so you can ask Fred your questions on this subject.
The webinar will be held on Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 9am PDT / 12pm EDT / 5pm BST.
As an added bonus, all webinar attendees will receive a free copy of Michael Rasmussen's whitepaper: 'GRC A DevOps Perspective'! Mr. Rasmussen is an internationally renowned thought-leader on IT governance, risk management and compliance (GRC).